Financial review preparation can give you a roadmap for your budget and help you better understand the complete financial picture. It is important to have an individual plan based on your unique financial needs and goals. This infographic offers a quick checklist for you to use as you start preparing for your financial review.
Financial review checklist
Assets and debts
- Record your current account balances, including checking, savings, money market and other accounts in your name.
- Get up-to-date balances of investments you currently hold, such as your retirement accounts, and take note of how much you are saving in each account.
- Gather the cost of all debts tied to your name, like student loans, car loans, mortgages and credit cards.
Expenses and income
- Calculate the average of your total monthly household expenses.
- Find the average of your total monthly household income. Be sure to count everything that pays you money.
- Make a list of any upcoming large purchases and other expenses you will soon need to address.
Set your goals
- Make a list of major short- and long-term financial goals.
- Meet with your financial professional to determine steps you can take today to work toward those goals.
After you work through this checklist and your financial review preparation, a financial professional can help you put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Understanding your holistic financial picture can ensure you are ready for whatever the future holds.
UMB personal banking solutions offer convenience and simplicity to meet all your financial needs. From home loans to auto financing and everything in between, see how UMB personal banking can work with you to find the right products for your life and lifestyle.
Boost your financial know-how and sign up for our personal banking newsletter. We’ll send informative articles right to your inbox.